Dragonflies 9/23

I woke up this morning right by the water where I had slept the past few nights. I then flew around the river at 60 miles an hour. I was hovering the water, beating my wings 40 times a second. I flew for a while. I wasn’t to tired because of my small size. My four wings give me lots of power which also makes it easy. I continued to fly around looking to mate. Though it wasn’t my exact intention, I happened to spot the perfect meal. Just ahead of me I could see a swarm of mosquitos. There were so many of them I had to catch a few. I approached and swallowed many of them. Some scurried when they spotted me. I caught and ate about 80. I was good for the day. It definitely wasn’t as cool as the 200 caught yesterday. It was better than the 40 I Caught the day before so I was happy!

2 thoughts on “Dragonflies 9/23

1. Dear Dragonfly, It sounds like you had a great day. How many insects do dragonflies usually eat in a day? I am amazed by how many times you can bear your wings in a second! That is an amazing adaptation. Do you have any questions? Can I see your amazing body???:)

2. Nice job! How many insects do dragonfly’s eat a week? What do they normally eat? Do you know that dragonflies have compound eyes they consist of 24,000 ommatidia (that means tiny eyes). Nice paragraph! Have a nice day!